Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Seen in the City

First, by the numbers, continued...

6 is the number of people present when I performed
6 more minutes of comedy at my
6th club in New York. I was
1 of the
6. Tonight will see clubs
7 and
8, and there should be
more people at
both. I don't see how there could be
fewer.

The other day, I walked through Washington Square Park in the NYU area. I saw the guys who are always out there playing chess (If you've seen Searching for Bobby Fischer, you know what I'm talking about). That was cool. Even cooler? When I walked through, they were being treated to an incredibly disturbing outburst by a woman who was either... 1) the worst street performer of all time, or 2) the best crazy lady ever. I didn't get to stick around and see if there was an end, followed by applause - which would have meant scenario 1, or, well, an end followed by applause - which probably would have meant scenario 2. Hmmm.

Sunday, as I was wandering the streets during a couple hours of homelessness before the friend with whom I'm currently staying returned to the city, I visited the famous New York public library, where I saw the famous lion statues out front, as well as many interesting exhibits (though I never actually found the books) inside. That was cool. Even cooler? I saw a group of French students and their teacher oohing and ahhing over a dead cockroach on the front steps of the building. They noticed how entertained I was and I falsely explained that we, too, "get very excited to see them." They explained that they had been studying them. The lesson? School in France must suck.

5 comments:

Michael "Ziggy" Danziger said...

Thank goodness! I was beginning to wonder where my spammers had gone. Welcome back, fake friends and fans.

One is offering ways to make extra money. Ho hum...

The other, though! I have been waiting (Really, haven't we all?) for a not-too-exciting site dedicated to kids rashguards! The day has arrived, friends. No more, um, kids rashes... I guess?

Mrs.McSpoone said...

Crazy.

Anonymous said...

you were in my neighborhood and you didn't track me down? i'm hurt :(

j/k. . .i'm counting on seeing you tonight!

ben said...

where was that kids rashguards person when i needed him like 12 years ago??

be careful, zig. it's a jungle out there.

Anonymous said...

Hi I like your blog, you can visit my web page if you like.business free home internethttp://www.moneywebpage.combusiness free home internet