Monday, October 24, 2005

East Side Story

My New York trip so far, by the numbers....

5 comedy performances, totalling
29.5 minutes on
5 stages at
5 clubs, with a break to serve as
1 emergency chaperone on
1 confirmation class trip from Memphis, TN when
1 of the original chaperones had to go home on Flight #
678 (I made that up, but was tired of typing just 1's and 5's), leaving
17 kids, including
3 Israeli teens with
not enough leaders. We went to
3 synagogues and I saw Fiddler on the Roof on Broadway for the
2nd time. It starred Harvey Fierstein as Tevye. He was
bad (not a number, but true), but the show was good.
2 years ago, I saw him as the mother in Hairspray. Better.
4 is the train I will take in
45 minutes to get to my
6th comedy appearance, so I better finish up in the next
10 minutes or so, so I can prepare for tonight's comedy marathon.
24 is the # of comedians that performed in the
1st show I did here. There were
0 other audience members present. That is not unusual.

It's going great! More later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He won a Tony for the Hairspray role.
I liked this by-the-numbers business.

Mrs.McSpoone said...

1 number of ice trips made at the double tree hotel.