Saturday, October 08, 2005

Red River "Rockin' and Rollin' (and What Not")

Holy poop! Today's the day. The 100th meeting between the Texas Longhorns and the Oklahoma Sooners at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. A huge day! If you aren't a football fan, or even a sports fan, it's time to change. This is huge and I can't wait!

As we speak (as I type) I am watching the television show that I have long enjoyed, but only recently come to recognize as my favorite of all shows - ESPN's College GameDay (built by the Home Depot). I love this show and can't wait to watch it every week. It tears me apart when I am invited to a bar or bat mitzvah during the football season because I will miss part of the show (and this one isn't too good later on tape or TiVo). I even like the commercials - my favorite being Under Armor's "We must protect this HOUSE!" series. I'm still waiting for it.

I believe we have found my mania. I am, otherwise, a mentally and emotionally well-balanced person with a talent for keeping proper perspective (of couse I think this about myself, but I'm pretty sure I'm right). A little bit of that, against my better judgement, goes out the window on Texas game days, when - as we've covered before and as many of you have questioned me about, rightly so - I take care to eat orange foods and drink orange drinks as part of my making sure I've done all I can to push my beloved Longhorns to victory. That's on any game day. This one, as a big rivalry game that is always in the national spotlight, is much bigger (read: I am much crazier). I am aware that, in the grand scheme of things, today's football game is of little consequence. Doesn't matter! I am so excited! I have been for days and I guarantee you that, win or lose, I'll be talking about the game with like-minded fans (and probably with people who don't care) until the two teams square off again next year.

Hook 'Em Horns and may you have a great day! Back to the cheddar and sour cream baked ruffles and Diet Rite tangerine soda.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The big win has probably made you a little crazier, but congratulations anyway.

Anonymous said...

LIGHT THE TOWER ORANGE (no 1 yet, hopefully that'll come in January)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I tгuly аppreciatе yοur effoгtѕ and I ωill bе waiting for your furthег wгite ups
thankѕ oncе again.

My ѕitе; sportsbet