Friday, October 14, 2005

I Love the Smell of Memphis in the Morning!

It is 8:35 a.m. I just finished a bar-b-q sandwich.

I should probably just end the post right there, and it would be one of my finest. I think we all know, however, that I will do no such thing. My best work is obviously yet to come!

I’m sitting in the Memphis airport (I’ve written from here before, but this time I’m in the B concourse, so it’s all different), waiting to depart for what I’m sure will be an epic Mid-Atlantic journey. First stop – Saratoga Springs, NY, for the wedding of a good friend and former co-worker (They are the same person. They’re getting married to someone else.) My plane doesn’t go all the way to Saratoga Springs, though. I get off in Albany. Then I’ll just walk or something.

Sunday, I will leave the wedding-hosting hamlet for the big city. New York City. (I know, I know. New York City?!? Get a rope. Just a little shout out to all the Pace Picante Sauce fans out there. And I know you’re out there.) “Why NYC?” you may ask. “Good question,” I may reply. “Thanks,” you’d certainly add, being the gracious soul that you are. “You’re wel-

Sorry. Got a little off track there. I’m going to New York to do comedy. The Big Apple is going to laugh its big a$# off, assuming, that is, that I actually get to perform there! Just kidding. I will perform. I will be good. I will keep you posted.

I’m looking forward to seeing many friends, both at the wedding and in the city. I also can’t wait to do some exploring in the world’s most famous city. When it’s over, though, I know I won’t be able to wait to return to my hometown. My charming community. My great climate. My potable tap water. My morning bar-b-q. My Memphis!

1 comment:

Julie said...

you SOB! I was at the airport at the same time you were! Actually, my plane to Boston was taking off as you were finishing your bbq sandwich. Anyway, it would be cool if you could call me sometime tomorrow (before 5 eastern or after 9). Have fun