Monday, July 12, 2004

How do you spell "doesn't write often enough?"

d-o-e-s-n-'-t w-r-i-t-e o-f-t-e-n e-n-o-u-g-h. Whew! I knew I could do it. Sorry I have been MIZA (missing in ziggybackride action) lately. I was at the URJ Henry S. Jacobs Camp, birthplace of the nickname Ziggy (at least when used to refer to me), for a week. Then I was in Houston for a family funeral. A sad occasion, to be sure, as my family bid farewell to a favorite great uncle (actual relationship and good description), but a nice chance to be together and reconnect with family I don't see often. I also got to see one of my best friends from college and her three-week-old baby. First of all, little Landon is adorable. Second of all, I highly recommend taking advantage of any opportunity to add visiting a friend's infant to a family funeral day. It made it very hard to stay sad.

Back on the homefront, things are going well. I saw a friend's band play last night for the first time in a while. They sounded great. Be on the lookout for The Central Standards, America's new folk-rock giants (as I have just now dubbed them). In sports, my Jewish Community Center basketball and softball teams are enterring post-season play this week. What's that? Not interested in Jewish adult recreational sports? Sounds unimportant? Maybe, but it's all I have, so BACK OFF! It's time for my summer league teams to begin our march to the glory (and by glory, I mean they'll engrave our names on a little plaque that hangs in the gym) that belongs to those who can rise above the rest (of the aging Jewish athletes). Best of luck to me and my teammates and thanks to all the well-wishers out there. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: