Thursday, June 24, 2004

How do you spell curmudgeon?

Z-I-G-G-Y. Man! I just read my "hump day" post, in which I whine and moan about something that annoys me. When did I become so crotchety? Okay, I don't really think I'm crotchety, but I sure love typing that word! My friend Barry has noticed this change in me and has complimented the "new Michael" that is not always positive, so there must be something to it. Barry - now that's a crotchety guy! (Okay, the word is retired for the rest of this post.)

In the end, though, I can not keep becoming this new me. I will be old Michael. Or Ziggy. It's very confusing. Oh, there I go complaining again. When will it end?!? Anyway, I will be the old me, filling the air (and internet) with words of thanks, praise, and family-friendly humor, rather than polluting it with the exhaust of cynicism and anger. That will be my goal. At least until my softball game tonight during which I will curse proudly and loudly if my hitting doesn't improve. (Speaking of baseball-related sports, how about them Texas Longhorns!!! College World Series finals begin soon and we'll be there! Hook 'Em Horns!)

No comments: