Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Journey Continues. The Journey Begins.

The Journey Continues
I'm back. I stepped off The Ride for a good, long while and I have plenty of stories to share. It occurred to me, at times, that perhaps our glorious expedition had met its end. And then I thought, "Awww, hell no!" Not with an election coming. Not with a southern Jewish comedy tour coming. Not with the strange, but glorious and true story of the life I lead continuing to unfold with each passing minute.

And not with the NCAA Basketball Tournament set to begin...

The Journey Begins
Here it comes again. The event/series of events that I have written about at this season in years past. The greatest sports championship process of all. The tournament pairings will be announced in just a few short moments and the stage will be set. As has been the case in previous years, but perhaps to an even greater extent, the two teams which I follow and support loyally have legitimate championship aspirations. Both Memphis (the team of my childhood and my daily life in the city of the same name) and Texas (my alma mater) have been considered among the top teams all year and have big expectations going into the "Big Dance." Having two teams can present some problems. I am prepared, however, to deal with the possibility of the two meeting in the national championship game. That's a problem I'll happily confront. What I do not want (and what seems more and more destined to happen as the moments pass) is for the Tigers and Horns to end up in the same regional, meaning only one can get to the Final Four. You'll hear more from me, rest assured, should this travesty come to be.

For now, I'm just excited for tourney time. It's going to be fun. It always is!

1 comment:

JMA said...

Your powers of prediction are impressive