Sunday, March 30, 2008

It's Spano Time

I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so... scared.*

* This, of course, refers to the game, about to tip off between Memphis and Texas (see "Golden Ticket" series) and uses the words of one of the most quoted/quotable moments of "Saved By The Bell" and, perhaps, of all situational comedy tv. Jessie Spano was hooked on pills that were keeping her alert and energetic enough to get all of her school work, dancing, and other jobs done. It did not turn out well for her.

Take a lesson, kids. Drugs are not the answer. Memphis and Texas got where they are through hard work, not because of drugs or some crazy scheme hatched at The Max.

1 comment:

Jordan - Queen of LA! said...

"im so excited, im so excited, i'm so... scared" -- possibly one of my favorite f*&king quotes of all time. see, i can bleep myself too! i miss you already. is that weird?