Thursday, May 31, 2007

All Is As It Should Be

This morning, I woke up at 7:15 a.m. in Utica, MS, put on a green toga and plastic laurel wreath, and went to breakfast. After breakfast, I sang songs, played sports, and met a member of the U.S. House of Representatives. I was still wearing the aforementioed Greek-themed garb.

Evidently, just before I met Congressman Chip Pickering (MS), I was pointed out to him as a professional stand-up comic. He made sure he had the right guy, referring to the laurels, "You mean the one with the flower on his head?" That is how I shall be known in D.C. from this day forth.

By way of a quick explanation for all this, I am at Camp Dream Street (See posts from last June regarding showertime radio shows and superhero costumes). This year's theme is time travel - we are in ancient Greece today. My outfit is not a manifestation of some delusion that I am now Greek, resulting fronm my recent Greek education.

2 comments:

David N. said...

As it should be, indeed.

Rachiley said...

nice, i hope you're going to post some pictures of dream street upon your return. have fun!