Thursday, May 17, 2007

Day 66

Today is Day 66 of "Headache Watch: Michael Recovers from Shingles." It has been 66 days since I woke up with the strange pain that was soon diagnosed as shingles and I have yet to completely shed the shings. Now, before you go feeling too sorry for me, it's a stretch to say that I have a headache, but there is still very slight pain and sensitivity on the parts of my head that were afflicted. I'm not quite back to normal. The shingles have had an amazing run. I'm glad I could be a part of it.*

In other news, it's Thursday afternoon, I'm sitting in my office in East Memphis' Ridgeway Loop office park, and I smell like a campfire. I was at Barbecue Fest last night and again today for lunch. My team is great and our booth is really cool. I'll try to post pictures in a later post. I guess the smell of several hundred grills and smokers cooking tons of rightly seasoned meat in a relatively contained area is a little hard to shed. I could smell it in the shower this morning. I could smell it after the shower. I guess what I've learned is that there is really no need to shower for the next several days. Let's hang out.

* I am NOT glad I could be a part of it.

No comments: