Sunday, February 26, 2006

Bode = Ziggy

Bode Miller finished his Olympics yesterday with another loss. I believe it was his 6th event without a medal, after coming into the games a heavy favorite to win several. I love competition and I have no problem with the fact that no one can win every time and that sometimes favorites lose. All I ask of American Olympians is that they do their best to compete and represent us well. Of all athletes, I ask that they do the overwhelming majority of their talking with their performance.

Bode does his talking seemingly everywhere else. According to him, he "rocked" these Olympics, and that is true assuming that by "rocked," he meant "did exactly as well as Michael Danziger did."

Miller said, "The same people who recognize I came out with no medals should recognize I could have won three."

I also won no medals, but who knows how many I could have won. I rock! Congratulations to all the Olympians who should be getting the attention that I and others are giving to this guy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes bode's an idiot. but texas kicked kansas' ass! so yay. and unc kicked maryland's ass!

Anonymous said...

did you hear that slutskaya threw her bronze medal in the trash can?