Thursday, December 01, 2005

It Burns, Burns, Burns!

It occurs to me that I never reported on Walk The Line and, more specifically, whether I could be seen in it. The short answer is "no." The long answer is "yes, sort of, if you know what you're looking for and exactly when to look for it, assuming you count your silhouette as an appearance."

The moment in which you might have been able to see my face (and my hands pouring Schlitz malt liquor into it) didn't pan out. More specifically, the cameral panned down. It's as though I never sat backstage and pretended to be a roadie drinking a beer several times over on a cool Memphis night. But we know better, don't we?

In the scene that was more exciting to film, but less likely to show me, you can see my form come into the picture and block Reese Witherspoon's form. Here's the roadmap...

One hour and eleven minutes after the words "Walk The Line" appear on screen at the beginning of the movie, Witherspoon's character finishes singing a song on stage and says something like this: "I'm glad you liked that. That was my mama's favorite song, too. Alright now everybody, sit down, squat down, or lie down, just make sure you get comfortable because here is the one and only Johnny Cash!" At that moment, the camera shot we see is from the back of the stage as Johnny walks out. At the same time, June walks away from the mic to the right and a shadowy figure moves in from the right blocking her. That's me taking her autoharp and finger picks from her! I would say I'm more of a supporting actor.

I wouldn't go see it just for my big scene (I'll happily reenact it for you in person), but it is a very good movie and I recommend it.

No comments: