Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A Study in Productivity

In an earlier post, entitled "Retirement, Glorious Retirement," I celebrated the laziness that can accompany a lack of daily sturcture and routine. No longer! Today, I have accomplished a great deal, and it's only 11 a.m. So far, I have rolled $20 in quarters to be deposited. That brings my total over the last three days to $50. That change really adds up! I have also loaded the theme song from Super Mario Brothers - as well as a shorter, hip-hoppier remix of the same - onto my iPod. Those are two of many tracks I loaded, but I think we can all agree that, no matter what those other songs are, they are - in the company of Nintendo's greatest hits - of little consequence. Lest you think my astounding productivity ends there, I have also answered an email, instant messaged with a friend, drunk coffee (not one, but two cups) and I still have plans to shower! It's ambitious, I know, but reaching for the stars is a great way to be sure we won't end up with a handful of dirt. Remember that.

In other news, a hearty thank you and congratulations to Julie, a regular reader and commenter, who was visitor number 4000. I have promised her lunch. We'll see if that happens. Lordy knows, it'll have to be another day (see today's to-do list above).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first I was upset that I was not visitor 4000. But now zina has shown us all that the Ziggy lunch promise is a hollow one indeed. I guess being visitor 4085 isn't such a bad deal after all.

Michael "Ziggy" Danziger said...

Fine! Lunch for T-Ho, too. But that's really it. I'm cutting it off there!

Anonymous said...

low rate home equity loans