Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Hi. I'm in Michigan.

Okay, that one’s not in the movie, but it’s a true statement (and also – I promise – the last Wayne’s World reference for a while). I am writing from the waiting area at Detroit’s Gate A57, awaiting my flight home. Before the ziggybackride takes us back into Memphis, let’s have the final “by the numbers” on the trip now ending.

20 days out of town, during which I stayed in
6 different places and slept in/on
3 beds, for
5 nights,
2 air mattresses, for
6 nights, and
2 couches, for
8 nights (and I think
1 subway car, but that was more of a nap). I took
2 Amtrak trains, visited
4 boroughs of the New York City, ate
2 falafel sandwiches (Chickpea was better than Mahmoun’s), and
7 slices of pizza. As for comedy, the final tally includes
13 performances in
9 clubs and
2 homes, for an estimated total of
84 performance minutes. Last night, I ate
2 dinners with
1 friend because we are
stupid. Then I saw another friend before taking
3 trains back to the apartment in which I was staying. The
2 dinners were coming back to haunt me at that point, and
forever was how long the journey home felt! Northwest flight
285 boards in about
1 hour, and I expect to be in Memphis at approximately
4:04 this afternoon. Being home will make me
1 happy guy!

It has been fun! I’m going to put on my blue suede shoes before I board the plane.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Are you sure? After all that pizza, you might look more like 2 happy guys...