Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thank You. Thank You Very Much.

It has been far too long, my friends, and for that, I begin this day of giving thanks by apologizing. Not because I think you have necessarily missed having entertaining and informative posts to read (though perhaps you have), but because I have missed assuming that you are out there reading. I have also missed the spam comments, ridiculously poorly disguised as friendly comments, on each of the posts. So that brings us to Thanksgiving...

I am thankful for everyone who visits (we're almost at 4000! Who will the lucky visitor be? As always, use the comment feature to let me know if it's you so I can promise you a gift or prize that I may or may not deliver on.) and shares in our special ride. I'm even thankful for the spammers. It's good to know they're out there - reading, commenting, selling children's rash guards - whatever those are - and the like. What would the world be like without the spammers? (Don't answer that. This is a day to be nice.)

I have much to report once the holiday has passed. From a trip to New Orleans to my first viewing of Walk The Line, and the start of my fourth season as coach of the mighty Temple Israel Runnin' Rabbis basketball team to reading Al Franken's book, Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them, there is much for us to discuss. For now, though, enjoy the day. Take time to recognize the blessings, too many to count, that are a part of your life and be thankful for them. Remember, too, that thanksgiving makes a great everyday activity, so this day, prepare yourself for a lifetime of gratitude, for that is the attitude of the happy and the content. Also, eat a turkey.

I hope this day finds you near those who are most important to you. If not, then as the classic song says, "If you can't be with the one you love... read Ziggybackride and check back often."

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hey, I'm #4000...what do I get? Or get promised?