Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Z2K

My fellow Ziggybackriders,

The visitor counter, which I check all too religiously and narcissistically, tells us that we are nearing the 2000 visitor milestone. While quality will always be more important to us (us being me) here at Ziggybackride than will quantity, it is exciting to see how far we’ve come.

I clearly recall a post not so very long ago celebrating our 100th visitor in which I wondered how long it would take to get to 150, 200, and even 1000. To be honest, it has gone quite a bit faster than I imagined. Maybe that’s because I’m a small thinker. Maybe it’s because I never really thought I’d keep up the writing. Maybe I had no faith that anyone else would ever know about it and that all of the visitors would be me, checking to see if anyone else had visited. Alas, my doubts have been defeated and the ride has continued in a most glorious fashion. Thank you!

Thanks to those who read regularly. Thanks to those who comment on posts (e.g. the anonymous person who questioned my intelligence over the matter of BTK, my friend Carey who answered the world’s BTK queries, and Zina who professed her love of yet another Longhorn alum playing professional sports. Yes Zina, I know who Huston Street is and I’m a big fan, though possibly not quite the fan you are!). Thanks to those who keep spreading the word, for no matter how many new people join the ride and read the posts, the amount of content here for you to enjoy will never diminish. In chemistry, that is called the Law of Conservation of Ziggybackride. For some of us, that may seem obscure, but it’s something the world’s top scientists have known for decades.

As always, I am anxious to know who the milestone visitor will be. If you check in and find that the visitor counter says 2000, you’re it! Let me know using the comment feature and great rewards will await you (though I think I may still owe Rachel a drink from 1000. Oops).

Again, I thank you for joining me on this exciting ride. Long may it continue!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!
I did it!!!!
I am number 2000!!!! :)

~*Mindy

Anonymous said...

Personally, I find the whole concept of blogging a bit narcissistic, to use your word (and maybe spell it wrong...). Bloggers seem to think that other people in the world care about their pathetic, insignificant existences. But who does? I couldn't care less about your mundane life. I'm not sure why I check the blog almost daily. Maybe it's to feel better about myself?

Just kidding...I'm sure your life is far from mundane.