Monday, August 29, 2005

Fender Bender

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that I feel the need to discuss. I don't know if it will be funny to everyone, but I nearly threw up on myself laughing in the car. I was driving down the street in Memphis, behind a pick-up truck, and noticed it's one and only bumper sticker. The sticker read...

I Will Forgive Jane Fonda
When the Jews Forive Hitler

Just take a second to think about that.

Jane Fonda.

Jane Fonda?

Jane Fonda. And Hitler.

Of course! Like two peas in a pod, those two. Finally someone has put it all together! It is hard to imagine the nature of this guy's grudge against Jane Fonda. I mean, did he audition for the part in "9 to 5" that she ended up getting? Or was Ted Turner driving the truck? I don't know.

Or maybe he's just a big Hitler fan who's trying to motivate the Jews to finally forgive his hero. I'm Jewish. What am I supposed to do? Run back to the synagogue, yelling, " Hey everybody! Listen up! Jane's in trouble. And it's up to us to help her out. I know, I know. Hitler murdered 11 million people, but I think we can all agree, there's just no excuse for all those exerecise tapes! Who's with me?"

I'm sure that would go over big. I found further humor in the fact that this was his only bumper sticker. This isn't one of those people who just covers his car with every ridiculous thing he can find. He was waiting for that one perfect message and, finally, FINALLY, at long last, he found it. And he's showing the world and exposing Jane Fonda for the unthinkable monster she is.

p.s. - If anyone knows where I can get one of these stickers, please let me know. That is something I must surely possess.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

From MSNBC:

"Fonda incited controversy in July 1972 when she was photographed sitting on a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun while on a tour of the country to drum up support to end the war."

Michael "Ziggy" Danziger said...

Thank you to "anonymous," for your research. Just so you don't lose all faith in me, I am aware of Fonda's past as an anti-war activist and knew that's what the sticker was directed at. It was, frankly, more fun to blame it on workout videos!

Thanks for reading and contributing!

Anonymous said...

yo--the comment about Jane Fonda was not me; that is an entirely different "anonymous" person questioning your intelligence

Anonymous said...

Having a crappy day--would make me really happy if you updated soon...

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!! Have you tied eBay? they have *everything* for sale on eBay. Except an Ole Miss Hotty Toddy shirt, dammit!