Monday, November 27, 2006

Tirades and Turkeys

Happy belated Thanksgiving to you! I hope your day and weekend were wonderful, and that the coming days and months will be filled with blessings for which you can be grateful everyday. As for me, I am thankful for you!

In other news, I'm a Seinfeld fan and a stand-up comic. That combination has inspired people to make numerous comments - too many to count - to me about Michael Richards's racial tirade in a recent stand-up performance. Everyone thinks it's clever to ask if I ever do that (and if you read this blog, it is clever. Very clever!). I don't. I won't. It's not comedy and it's not okay.

I feared, in the aftermath of Kramer's naughty night, that Seinfeld would be tainted; that the show I so love would have been knocked down a couple of rungs into the realm of mortal television programming. Now I know, those fears are unfounded.

As I write, I am watching "The Puffy Shirt." It's the episode in which Kramer's "low-talking" girlfriend gets Jerry to wear her new puffy style shirt on the Today show. It is as hilarious as ever and makes me proud of the picture of the shirt - taken by me at the Smithsonian Museum of American History - that appears, along with a quote from the show, on my comedy website www.laughwithziggy.com.

The picture stays and the show is hilarious. And still... I don't wanna be a pirate!

No comments: