Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Shining Moments

Well, well, well. There you are! Haven't seen you in a while. That is, of course, no fault of yours. I have been... well... away. But I am back and I am excited!

I just got home from what I'm pretty sure was the first election-night victory party I have been to. Congratulations to Mike Ritz, new Shelby County Commissioner. He's going to be great and I'm glad he was victorious. Until now, pretty much all of my candidates have lost. This was a nice change. I think I'm going to try to win more often. Starting tomorrow night.

That's right! I know you have been wondering how the Temple Israel Lady Rabs are doing. Well, I'll tell you how they're doing. They're playing in the championship game tomorrow night! They are on the brink of history, poised to bring a title home to Temple. It will be tough, though. We are facing the #1 seeded team, against whom we were 1-2 during the regular season and we are missing a key player who went down in the semifinals with a knee injury. This team has the talent and the heart to win this game, though, and I expect that 2006 will reestablish itself as the Greatest Sports Year Ever and we will be champions.

23 hours until One Shining Moment.*

*23 hours until I play One Shining Moment on my iPod and continue to pretend that the world cares about the Lady Rabs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you win?