Monday, April 24, 2006

Hello Birdie!

My next door neighbor is an architecture student. As I understand it, she is pretty far along in the process, often spending hours and hours at a time in the studio building her portfolio. The other night, she was up into the wee hours - sawing, hammering, drilling, etc. - working on a project for one of her classes. The project? A birdhouse. Evidently, from what I'm told, this is a relatively important project.

Are a lot of birds hiring architects nowadays?

I guess those lucky birds who have the means will do anything to avoid living in one of those cookie-cutter birdhouses. I mean, who wants to live in a neighborhood where every house looks alike, you know?

I'm thinking that maybe this is the basis for how architects design all buildings...
"Alright, Jim. We need to design a skyscraper. It's gonna be big."
"Really big?"
"That's right, Jim."
"Alright, be specific. Exactly how many birds will need to be able to fit in it?"

I'll have to check into that. In the mean time, I'm beginning my real estate career and this has me wondering. Is anyone else in my area listing bird houses for sale? That's a whole new untapped market that I can make mine. I mean, having a reliable agent help you find the perfect house is certainly more efficient than having an architect build a whole new one, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh ziggy.
news: julie and i had our prom this past saturday! it was awesome and julie had the most awesome date. he's jewish. i have more details, dont worry.