Wednesday, May 17, 2006

D+? Oh my God...

I passed! I got a D+! I'm gonna graduate! (That's from Tommy Boy. I' m surprised you didn't know that.) That's also from Tommy Boy. I'm surprised you didn't know THAT.

I just passed the Tennessee Real Estate Commission's licensing exam for affiliate brokers, clearing my last major hurdle to being licensed and to eventual mogul-dom. I have to take one more 30-hour class now (what a scam!) before the state will issue the license. By the way, I didn't really get a D+. They don't tell you your grade. They just tell you you passed. Apparently, if you fail they tell you your score. I'd like to know how I did, but that hardly seems worth it.

It's been a long time since I've written (sorry about that) and there's lots and lots of news. I'll give you the bullet-point update now and give you more details later.

-I broke my foot. I can't walk. I'm on crutches and wearing one of those boots.
-As a result of the foot, I can not play in the new JCC 30 and over men's basketball league. Apparently, and this is not a joke, though it should be, I was the number one pick when the teams were drafted for the league. What a hilariously pathetic league and what a magnficently gloriously complete draft-day bust!
-I went to New York for comedy, had a great and terrible performance (same performance - I'll explain later) and saw lots of friends. That was before the foot.
-I saw fake Charlie Bucket not get a golden ticket at LaGuardia Airport. It was sad.
-The Lady Rabs lost in the championship game. It was a valiant effort and I'm proud of them and couldn't have had more fun with them. Well... maybe a little more. If we had won.
-I had a stand-up performance at an elementary school. I was heckled by a four-year-old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. i need to see tommy boy
2. i really want to see you bomb. did you record this trip?
3. so do you have to sit on the bench in an nba-type dress code approved outfit? if so, that's awesome
4. so julie and i are still confused on how you broke your foot.
5. i admire that four year old for heckling you. he might be your friend in like 10 years though. just remember julie and i thought you were wayyyy too peppy, but now you're cool and all.