Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Legs Mason

My legs hurt. I took my first ever spinning class yesterday. I now know how to spin. I am a learned spinner. For those unfamiliar with this fitness phenomenon, it's an exercise class done on an exercise bike. You pedal for an hour. Sometimes against heavy resistance, sometimes against light, but always pedaling hard. I believe this was the first exercise class I have partaken in since my days as an aerobics instructor at the URJ Henry S. Jacobs Camp. Yes. I taught aerobics and "Mike, Hillery, and Mike's super cardio funk" was cool, so BACK OFF! Anyway, I don't know if my first ever spinning class was also my last ever. We'll see. I know that you'll be on the edge of your seat waiting to hear how that turns out, so I'll be sure to keep you in the loop.

In other news... George Mason. George Mason? GEORGE MASON?!? The college basketball world is also spinning as it prepares for a Final Four that includes no teams that were really considered to be top teams during this season. I have friends that are big fans of LSU, UCLA, and Florida, but it's hard not to root for GMU, since none of these teams is really a champion befitting the season now ending. I think I'd rather have the great story of a Patriots (I think that's their nickname, but I'm not even sure) championship. I'm tempted to not watch, but I know I will.

6 days, 10 hours until "One Shining Moment."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those aerobic workouts at HSJ were the best. Just please remember to recite the narration in the middle of the song from "Fame" during your spinning class.

Anonymous said...

i learned the george mason cheer. it goes: george! mason! and people ask why they've never won a tournament game before...