Thursday, October 30, 2008

Busy Times

So much has happened over the last week and a half or so. I can't believe I haven't shared all of the excitement with you yet. I have given comedy performances outside in a sukkah on a very cold night at an Orthodox congregation and at a retirement home/assisted living facility. The audience age at the first averaged around 26. At the latter... about 89. I spent four days in New York City with 31 tenth graders, saw Wicked and met some of the cast, went to an 80's prom in The Village, visited the Saturday Night Live studio (where I accidentally dropped a business card. Oops!), and ate Chinese rose treats, pickles, and tofu as I walked the streets of the Lower East Side. I took Baked Cheetos with me to the city so that I could eat them on game day. Thank goodness, too! It was a close one as Texas topped Oklahoma State to stay atop the national rankings and on track for a national championship run. This week presents yet another monumental task for the Horns in Lubbock at Texas Tech. Yikes. And hook 'em.

I have also spent a great deal of time responding to emails, facebook posts and the like which claim that Barack Obama is either a communist or a terrorist or that he believes judges should rule based on empathy rather than the law. There seems to be no end to the ridiculous crap people will communicate and believe.

The one thing I have not done is vote. Early voting ends today in my state and I will have to do it on election day. I hear terrible tales of the lines I might have to wait in, but wait I shall! If I should decide that I'm too busy to vote, I risk this...

Watch News Story

Don't let that story be about you!

No comments: