Saturday, September 01, 2007

The Adventure Begins

As I begin writing this 198th post of ZiggyBackRide, it is 11 minutes until the beginning of College Gameday, the college football preview show to which I look forward each week of the glorious season that begins, in earnest, today. It's time! We must protect this house!*

I am not only excited about Gollege Gameday, though. I am excited about the college games that make it possible. Tonight, a new season of Texas Longhorn football begins and the excitement is building in my home, which is a sanctuary for Longhorn spirit (as well as for wayward laundry and mail, and for the slowly dissipating smell of recently soaked carpet, but we'll focus on the Longhorn stuff for today, if that's okay with you).
The Longhorn Band waits to explode into song as soon as even the slightest pressure is applied to the "play" button. The orange candle is ready to burn, and - thanks to The Littlest Longhorn Fan, the Texas jersey koozie (I guess that's the word) that "watches" every game with me - orange food and drink are available.**
I salute you, Littlest Longhorn Fan, for your hard work in procuring the important foodstuffs that will enable the 'Horns to be victorious!

It was not easy for the little guy. He's not a licensed driver and he has no legs....









But he collected all the right stuff and earned the right to stand proudly atop the Gatorade....










He even took a minute to pose for a pic with old friends...


But, in the end, he might have overdone it. Here's The Littlest Longhorn Fan in the... ummm, well, that's my shower curtain behind him.***











Pace yourself, Littlest Longhorn Fan! This is a long adventure and there's no telling where it could lead....


* The old catchphrase from the Under Armor commercials that aired during College Gameday. We'll see if this year has new Under Armor genius in shore for us. I was under the impression that there would be a new College Gameday theme song this year, but the show just started and it was still Big and Rich with Cowboy Troy, offering me a little zing in my zang zang if I will but come along. Not sure what I think about that.

** If you are not familiar with this tradition, see "My Stitions ARE Super" post from October, 2006 or post Rose Bowl posts from January of 2005.


*** For some reason, everything just seemed to go right through him. This is the first time I've ever taken a picture of The Littlest Longhorn Fan on the toilet and you would think it'll be the last time. Not so fast, my friends. I simply can not promise that. It's still all about honesty here at ZiggyBackRide. Hook 'Em!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww, this makes me miss you and your Texas obssessions...

JMA said...

21-13 Zig?

Anonymous said...

this post was fun, Zig!

want to know what would be even better? watching the games at DKR...come visit!!

Michael "Ziggy" Danziger said...

JMA, all I can say is, survive and advance. Michigan makes me very happy to finish the week with a win. Period. Sarah, I hope I can get to DKR soon. That would, indeed, be better. Hold down the fort for me.