Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Goodbye Old Friends

I am forced to say good-bye now to a dear, dear friend.
College football season has come to its inevitable end.
The star of my autumn has faded at last
I hope the next 8 months will go really... quickly.

My Longhorns could not match last year's big season
Any number of factors could be the main reason
VY's departure, Colt's shoulder, Terell Brown being dumb?
All we know for sure is that next year will come.

There is time now to hope and time, too, to dream
That next year will be THE year for me and my team.
For now I'll watch hoops and coach it and play
And prepare myself for that magical day
When the team takes the field all ready to go
With a clean-slated record of 0 - 0.


That was not intended to be a poem. The second line rhymed with the first and a masterpiece was born. Good luck to all in coping until next Fall. College football is only one old friend to whom I am saying good-bye, and that one is only because I am forced to. I wish to bid farewell, also to long pauses in my writing on this site, one of which - perhaps the last of which - is brought to a close with this post.

In a related note, I would like to commend Abram Orlansky on being the 10,500th visitor. You're correct in your assumption, Abram, that it's not worth much, but it's appreciated considering I haven't been doing my part. Come back soon!

No comments: