Friday, September 01, 2006

Preseason Conditioning

Greetings! I hope you have had a great week. Mine has been good. I am, however somewhat troubled by the ease with which we can be conditioned to accept things we don't like. It is about 85 degrees in Memphis today. Everyone is talking about how cool it is.* I bought gas yesterday. It cost $2.59 a gallon. I was excited about what a great deal I was getting.

It's okay, though. I'm able to pay extra for gas and air conditioning because, presumably in honor of the start of the Texas Longhorns' football season tomorrow, my neighborhood grocery store has put Diet Sunkist and Diet Rite Tangerine - my two favorite appropriately colored game day beverages - on sale. Let's go Krogering!

Longhorn Football 2006 begins in 17 hours and 21 minutes. Hook 'em Horns!!!

* 85 is still pretty hot.

No comments: