Thursday, September 21, 2006

Dumb As Bricks

I jinxed myself. I just had to get on the Ziggybackride blabbing about my great games of BrickBreaker! I finished the last post and promptly lost my two lives and the game ended at a mere 11,675. The beauty of BrickBreaker, though, is that there's always another incredibly long waste of time waiting behind the "New Game" button. Regular Ziggybackrider, Julie, mentioned in the comment section of the last post that she has spent an "embarrassing" amount of time playing a similar game.

I know embarrassment. I've worked with embarrassment. That's not embarrassing.

Yesterday, a co-worker and I were getting into another co-worker's car to go to lunch. Being the gentleman that I like to pretend to be, I offered my co-worker the front seat and promptly opened the passenger-side door. I began tinkering with the front passenger seat to make it slide forward so that I could climb into the back.

For some reason, I could not make it move and there's no way I can climb into the backseat of a two-door without moving the front seat forward. I worked on it for about 10 or 15 seconds and heard the driver, who was already in the car, laughing.

I was about to ask him the trick, but then I figured it out just before he had to tell me. The trick was to open the back door. The car was not, is not, and never was a two-door car. We all had a hearty chuckle.

I'm getting dumber by the minute. Damn you, BrickBreaker!

No comments: