Monday, January 30, 2006

Hundreds And Thousands

Milestones-a-plenty, ZiggyBackRiders! First of all, this is this site's 101st post - a perfect opportunity to look back, to celebrate, to relive the great moments of our first "century" together. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, you've logged on to "ZiggyBackPride: The Centennial Celebration!"

There's been meaningful social change - read June 10, 2003 (one of the very first posts) and then see June 8, 2004.

There's been romance - see the "Season For Loving" series from January and February of 2004. By the way, I used the material from the "Shape of My Heart" post in my stand-up set last Thursday and it went over big. Apparently it is funny to other people besides me that we use Valentine's Day as a yearly chance to lie to one another about what the heart looks like.

There's material for the sports fan - see June 13, 2003 or April 8, 2005; July 15 or 22, 2004 or the most recent post from the January 22, 2006.

We've even had hackers - see July 28 and 29, 2004.

We've made friends, including the now-defunct "cabinprayers" and "buffetlinementality" blogs, and the still-going-strong "dorfmangoestohollywood" and "centralstandards" blogs. (Other bloggers are welcome to share their blog addresses via the comment feature. I just didn't know who wanted to be outed and who didn't.)

It has been a glorious first hundred (and one) and I can't wait to see what the next century brings. Thanks for the memories, Riders. Strap in. There's more to come.

The next big thing? Visitor number 5000! Amazing! I mean, come on! That's a lot of time wasted* right on this very site! Let us know using the comment feature if you are lucky number MMMMM!

*That was a test. Don't ever be tricked into believing that time spent here is time wasted. See you soon!

3 comments:

Julie said...

A lot has happened in a hundred posts--I thought I was pretty far along with 31...

Anonymous said...

YES I'M VISITOR #5000!!! what do i get?

ben said...

hey, man, thanks for the shout out, and thanks for the comments over on the left side of things. i especially appreciate the shout in your post, as it earned me at least one more reader, in my parallel friend sarah w.

VY's going to win the super bowl next year. that's my prediction. sorry to say, that i hope it's for the texans or the saints, rather than the titans, but either way, i'll be rooting for him.