Saturday, September 24, 2005

A Brush With My Own "Fame"

Howdy!

Just stopping home for a moment between Saturday night activities. I was just at a nearby Borders bookstore listening to my friends' band play. As if knowing the band isn't cool enough, how about this? As I was listening, I noticed a man perusing a familiar looking book on a local interest display nearby. At closer glance, I realized he was reading Children of Israel: The Story of Temple Israel, a history of my synagogue's first 150 years. I'm in that book! I grew up there as the rabbi's kid and served as the youth director for the last five years. It was a very strange experience to see someone looking through a book that, first of all, I assume very few people look through and, second, you're in.

I wanted so badly to go over and tell him, "Hey! I'm in that book!" I really had to resist the temptation. For a rather large man, I guess I can be a very small person! Aside from the desire to point myself out in the book, I really wanted to know why he had chosen this book - out of the thousands and thousands of volumes available on the premises - to read. It can't be completely random.

Okay, that's it. That's my story. It's off to a late night pre-high holy days service at....? You guessed it! Temple Israel. Off to become a bigger man. Figuratively.

2 comments:

ben said...

I, too, have enjoyed your Blog. Why is Blog capitalized?? I'm not sure. Another thing I'd like to know is where I might be able to find information on competitive pricing of automobile insurance. I think I'm paying way too much, but I just don't know where to find lower rates. I wish I knew a car insurance guy to talk to about this.

Michael "Ziggy" Danziger said...

Thank you so much for your compliments, The Car Insurance Guy from Compare Auto Insurance! Glad to know that you are enjoying my writing and the opportunities it presents to burden unsuspecting passers-by with crap.

That said, paying too much for auto insurance is, indeed, common, and I want our readers to get the best deal possible. Good luck!

Now, an addendum to the post... the band I was watching was The Central Standards. They are my friends and local folk-rockers and they're great. They just released a new album and you can find out all about them www.centralstandards.com. I highly recommend them. Good day!