Wednesday, June 22, 2005

More Comedy, Self Help, and the Mighty Texas Longhorns

Hi there!

The last stand-up comedy performance went very well and there's another one coming tomorrow night. If you want the info, leave me a comment below and I'll email it. I'm having a lot of fun doing it and I'm hoping to take the show on the road soon. Not a full-blown tour, mind you, but I'm doing some traveling and I'll see who'll let me on a stage in the the various cities I'll be visiting. I'll keep you posted...

Last night, I spent a little time in my neighborhood Borders store. I love looking around in book stores. Reminds me of how little I know. Dammit. But I digress. Last night I found myself browsing in the "self help" section. Have you been in there recently? That's enough to make you think you have some real problems. There are so many books there and all of them can make me be the person I want to be living the life I want to live and wielding the power that resides within me. I thought things were going rather well for me, but now I know... I have a lot of reading to do. I did notice one book entitled The Hip Girl's Handbook. I didn't have time just then to look and see, but I'm sure the first thing any guide to coolness - for boys or girls - will tell you is to hurry to the nearest book store and buy a book about being hip. That's always the first step. Anyone who's already hip'll tell you that right off.

Finally, in College Baseball news (because I know that's what you came for!), my beloved Texas Longhorns take on the Baylor Bears tonight with the chance to earn a berth in the National Championship Series. I'm really pressing my luck here because I mentioned the Longhorns in the tournament last year at this time and they ended up losing. I'm risking the jinx, but I can't resist. I'm very excited.

Hook 'em Horns!

No comments: