Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The Season For Loving (III)

Good afternoon! (It may not be afternoon when you read this, but it is when I am writing it and at this very moment, I hope you're having a good afternoon. Understand?) The following is the third installment in "The Season For Loving," a series of Valentine's Day related posts leading up to the big day. I guess I just have heart matters on the mind. Not because I am wrapped up in romance, but because I just ate at McDonald's for the first time since seeing the movie "Supersize Me" a few months ago. That movie scared me. As a result, my lunch scares me. Now I just hope I live until Valentine's Day.

But I digress.

Today's topic: Men and Commitment

People always talk about men having problems with commitment.
"Men can't commit."
"I can't get him to commit."
"Oh, he'll never commit."
I think everyone's missing the boat on this. We don't have trouble committing. We have trouble choosing. The question isn't whether I can commit; it's whether she can convince me that she's definitely the one I want. So, in a way, the problem is really with the women.

If only they could present their cases a little more clearly. That's what we really need. Get all the women in whom we're even remotely interested into a room, let them make their best case, and we'll choose. Then we'll be committed. Of course, that wouldn't really work because we don't always know what we want. But that's a problem that's not limited to men.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Oooh, a cliffhanger! I'll bet you weren't expecting that! You never know what kinds of twists and turns the ziggybackride will take.

Tune in again soon to find out all about What Women Want.


No comments: