Wednesday, November 28, 2007

What A Rush!

My November/December Rush (see last post) is not off to the blistering start that I had imagined pre-Thanksgiving. Time to change that...

First of all, speaking of Thanksgiving, I hope yours was very good. As always, know that the staff here at ZiggyBackRide is very thankful for you. We enjoy the opportunity to share whatever the hell you would call the stuff that gets shared here with you, and look forward to doing so for a long time to come.

In other Thanksgiving related news, I made my triumphant return to the vegetarian comedy stage at an annual vegan Thanksgiving feast in Memphis. This was my second time performing for the Food Awareness organization's annual extravaganza and I was honored to be back. It is always a special privilege to be in the presence of a group that is as committed and effective as Food Awareness. As I told them, I'm so impressed with the work they've done: I spoke with a number of people in the days leading up to the event and every single one of them was, in fact, aware of food. Kudos to them for getting the word out.

In addition to the fine members of Food Awareness, I was honored to be in the presence of a lama, (No, not the misspelled animal, but a Tibetan monk. No, not the Dalai one, but seemingly a very good one.) who came to partake in the feast and funniness. As I recollect, that was my first performance before a lama. He seemed to enjoy himself and I assure you, I'm very much looking forward to future opportunities to make the lamas laugh.

No comments: