Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Unrelated Tidbits of Varying Importance

TIDBIT #1 Monday night marked the final regular season game for my 30 and over basketball team at the JCC. I had a decent game, but as a team, we were very, very bad. We'll have to get it together for tournament time. Memorable moment of the game: I airballed a free throw. AIRBALLED! A FREE TRHOW! I don't think I had done that since I was about 8 years old. It was good to be back.

TIDBIT #2 Steven A. Smith is an idiot. He is a sports commentator and I don't enjoy listening to him. I think his style is a rip-off of Chris Rock - or vice-versa, but I certainly knew who Chris Rock is first - and I think his takes are often dumb, wrong, and/or designed only to be argumentative or controversial. I don't know why he keeps getting more and more air time on tv and radio.*

* I didn't like Jim Rome at first, and now I'm a fan, so never say never, but it's not looking good for Smith.

TIDBIT #3 Tennessee is having a state sales tax holiday this weekend for back-to-school type items, including certain clothing and school supplies up to $100 and computers costing $1500 or less. The "holiday" lasts from 12:01 am Friday until 11:59 pm Sunday. More information on exempt items can be found at http://www.tntaxholiday.com/. Happy shopping and remember, if you are only buying stuff in order to help the state out, this weekend is not the time to shop.

TIDBIT #4 I walked outside of my condo the other day and saw this:


It just struck me as something you don't see everyday. I mean, it's a normal neighborhood. Most of my neighbors keep their swords with them at all times, rather than stowing them in the shrubbery.

I probably should have tried to pull the sword from the bush. It may have been the only way to prove that I am the rightful future king of the condo association.

No comments: