Friday, October 20, 2006

The Importance of Believing in Overacting

On June 11, 2004, I posted an entry on this very blog entitled "The Importance of Being a Movie Star." That little stop on this exciting ride was dedicated to the beginning of filming of a feature-length independent film entitled "The Importance of Being Russell" that I was in. In that post, I expressed some doubt as to whether that picture would ever make it to screen.

I should have believed then. I do now.

Last night at the Muvico 22 at Peabody Place, Memphis' bustling downtown entertainment development, I saw it. On a big screen. In a real theater. Where you had to buy a ticket and everything.

I was in the movie for about five seconds or so during a climactic scene. I can be clearly seen, clearly overacting. It's very funny. Like the video of my laughless comedy performance at the South Street Comedy Club in Jackson, TN, this will make a hilarious clip to watch on talk shows when I'm ultra-famous, which I'm sure will be ultra-soon.

All in all, the movie - a joint project of Paradox Productions and Pickle TV - was well done and very entertaining. Hopefully, I'll be able to get my hands on a copy of it soon. Ultra-soon. For now, though, you can find out all about the movie, see production photos, and even watch a trailer at www.russellmovie.com.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Congratulations on your first movie where people could see you! I know you were in Walk the Line, but I paused the movie and stared, and still couldn't find you. Also, thanks for the comment--it forced me to finally finish and publish a new post!