Tuesday, December 30, 2008

December Hush

The end of 2007 saw a flurry of activity here on ZiggyBackRide as I presented a November/December Rush - honoring the craptacularity of the movie "August Rush" with frequent (for me) blog posts. There were eight posts last December. This makes three for 12/08.

It has been a lackluster finish to a fine year here, but with good reason. My computer has been giving me the dreaded "blue screen." You know the one.

"Beginning dump of physical memory."
"Physical memory dump complete."

I'm not positive about that wording, but I know I see the word "dump" a couple of times and it always feels rather appropriate.

Anyway, we find ourselves now on the brink of another calendar year and inquisitive Riders can't help but wonder what might be in store. It is my distinct pleasure to share two items with you that shall certainly help define '09.

1) This site will soon welcome its 20,000th visitor. This approaching milestone shall stand as a celebration of victory and a beacon of hope for all.* Please be sure to let us know, using the comment feature, if the visitor counter to the right tells you that you are number 20K. History shall surely wish to record your important achievement.

2) In a harsh blow to New Year's Resolutions already in place, as well as to those yet to be made, a new breakfast item has been introduced, and will most certainly see wider distribution in the next twelve months. For those of you have not had the pleasure of making its acquaintance, allow me to introduce** the Dough-nini. This savory sandwich features sausage, egg, and cheese stacked tastefully and tastily between two grilled, glazed doughnuts. It is available now at a Mapco Mart just west of Nashville. I suspect it is available elsewhere, but that's where I saw it. It did not appear that they invented the culinary delight, nor that they had the sole right to offer it for sale. I suspect that 2009 shall be every bit "the year of the Dough-nini."

It could be worse. They say breakfast is the most important meal.

* All, in this case, refers to me and to anyone that either has nothing to celebrate and no hope or no standards limiting what he or she will celebrate or take inspiration from.
** I took a blurry picture of a photo advertisement for the Dough-nini at the Mapco Mart. If I can get a better photo of the sandwich or figure out how to use that one properly, I'll share it here so you can behold the sight that had me giggling for several miles on Interstate 40.


.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ziggy:

I will be awaiting my prize as number 20,000 to your site. I am honored.

Hapyy New Year! Hook 'Em Horns!

Jenn Gilbert