Thursday, December 07, 2006

Myria-Madness

The ZiggyBackRide is approaching the fourth power! We are within days, maybe hours, of our 10,000th visitor and the whole team here (me) couldn't be more excited!

In honor of this approaching milestone, our staff (still me) did a little research into the number 10,000 and found out that the corresponding metric prefix is myria. Kilo is 1,000. Mega is 1,000,000. Hectokilo is 100,000. Evidently, in the scientific world, myria and hectokilo are considered obsolete - several sites did not even list these two.

Some so-called scientists may consider myria (or 10 to the 4th power) inconsequential, but I assure you that within ZiggyBackRide's science department, of which I am the chair, there is no less than 100% agreement that myria is as pertinent now as it ever was.

As always, we'll want to know who the milestone visitor is, so if the visitor counter says 10,000, leave a comment and stake your claim to the fame and valuable prizes* that will most surely accompany that accomplishment. Thank you for your continued presence here on "the Ride" and good luck!

*I have often promised prizes to our milestone visitors, and sometimes I have delivered. This is 10,000 though! So I'm really, really promising and really, really might deliver!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm 10,051